Our mahzor is an inclusive, comprehensive volume for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services. It is rooted in the traditional Hebrew liturgy, yet fully contemporary. Some of its most prominent features:
- All readings appear within the text for easy access, rather than grouped in the back of the book.
- The volume’s library-quality binding is specially reinforced for durability and strength.
- The pages are thin and lightweight, yet still opaque and sturdy.
- The volume includes a new Kabbalat Hashanah introductory section to enrich the traditionally brief erev Rosh Hashanah service.
- The Rosh Hashanah morning services offer several options for the structure and integration of the shaharit, shofar and musaf services, accommodating a variety of communal practices.
- Torah and haftarah readings include both traditional and alternative selections, reflecting diverse sensibilities in different communities.
- On Yom Kippur, the normally-separate musaf service, avodah service and Martyrology are interwoven into a powerful, seamless whole that reinforces the themes of all three.